Sunday, March 29, 2009

I JUST LOVE VISITING WITH MY CUSTOMERS! ANOTHER STORY ON HOW SOMEONE PLANS TO USE A PURCHASE FROM THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE...

{This is just one of the lovely vintage Catholic prayer cards collected by my customer, Mildred, and showcased on her website}

You may recall I recently shared some pictures that a customer sent me showing how he & his wife are using the large metal French bottle-drying rack they purchased from us to showcase their very large collection of Starbucks "city" mugs. See it HERE.

Well, I got to speak to another customer last week about how she intends to use the golden metal sacred heart locket she purchased from us and it is such an absolutely lovely idea I had to share it with you.



Mildred has had a deep Catholic upbringing and has a very strong faith, so she loved the idea of the sacred heart to begin with, but the fact that it is a functioning locket was even better!


This is because Mildred plans to place small slips of paper inside it on which are written special prayers for certain people at any given time. Each time she passes it, she'll be reminded of what's inside and thereby reminded to pray for their need. Isn't that incredible??

In speaking with Mildred, she shared that she has a passion for collecting antique Catholic prayer cards and has started a website devoted to it. She has painstakingly cataloged her collection and shares it in full online for all. Each prayer card (and there are LOTS!) is available to print out and laminate if you'd like.

Since I am not Catholic, I am not completely familiar with prayer cards, but I can say that the images on them are truly lovely! I hope you'll pay her site a visit -- its called
HOLY REFLECTIONS and I think you'll be taken with Mildred's devotion to her faith and the sweet write-up she's done on her "About Me" page. :)

After speaking with Mildred and acquainting myself with her website it is obvious that she is just as beautiful inside as she is outside.

Thanks so much for sharing, Mildred!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh I really like this idea. I didn't know this was a locket. That's really cool. I thought it was something you could hang but that it did not have a back or locket to it. I guess I didn't read closely enough. They are very pretty.

(I'll be waiting for you laundry room expose)

-Stephanie