Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Little Inspriation In Case You're In Need Right Now...

Someone I've come to know who has what sounds like a VERY fun business in France (buying trips, antiques dealer, etc.) just sent me a link to an auction she has on ebay for a fabulous French plate that has all the perfect elements: black & white, great graphics, and the BEST saying (printed on the backside)!



I'd buy this plate just for what it says:

*Chez beaucoup de gens l'esprit brille au dépend du coeur.*
(For a lot of people the mind is used at the expense of the heart.)

Wow. I love that...And how true.

So...what might you be using your head too much about right now, at the expense of your heart?? I already know that for some, the very idea that you could 'use your head too much' might sound perfectly ridiculous. Not so fast...I really do think we can "think" something to death - even "reason" ourselves out of a dream that just might otherwise come to fruition.


Now, I'm not talking about making reckless, wholesale changes and decisions with no thought given at all. I think you know what I mean here. How much more would you really, truly LIVE if you were to lead a little more with your heart vs. your head? I'm just sayin'... :)

Lets take a look at what two otherwise perfectly intelligent and rather accomplished men in history have said about such things:

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." -- Mark Twain

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." (Guess who?)
-- Albert Einstein

And the MOST intelligent man who ever lived, Solomon, writes this:

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.
-- Proverbs 13:12

Oh please don't give up on your dreams. Its easy to get impatient and frustrated, I know! They may be still just a distant echo. A far-away mirage. Pursue them as far as it is practical to do so now, but never - ever - put them away, on a shelf. A dream - even just one - is at times all the fuel we need to keep moving some days.
This one's for you:

Hurry up and wait
So close, but so far away
Everything that you've always dreamed of is
Close enough for you to taste
But for now you just can't touch
You wanna show the world,
but no one knows your name yet...
You wonder when & where & how you're gonna "make it"
You know you can
if you could just get the chance.
But in your face the door keeps slamming.
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting
So we live and we learn to take one step at a time,
there's no need to rush...
It's like learning to fly
or falling in love
And it's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen
and we find the reasons why...
one step at a time.
You believe/and you doubt.
You're confused/you got it all figured out.
Everything that you always wished for
could be yours,
should be yours,
would be yours
if they only knew...
You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet
You begin to wonder when
and where
and how
you're gonna "make it",
You know you can if you get the chance
But in your face the door keeps slamming
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting
So when you can't wait any longer
And there's no end in sight
It's your faith that will make you stronger
And the only way you're gonna get there
Is
one
step
at
a
time...

Dreaming Right Along With You,


Ruth

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ruth, how did you know??? Thank you for a perfect post for the kind of week(s) I am having. This will cheer me up!! Have a lovely Thursday!

Anonymous said...

You captured it so beautifully - you and the three wise men. The older I get the more respect I have for the intelligence of the heart.
Thanks for the thoughtful post.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post!!!
Thank you for all the quotes..love Proverbs....

Smiles,
KayEllen

Anonymous said...

It's me again! I came across this blog post and the statement there made me thing of your post of a couple days ago:

"Treason is a blow that comes unexpectedly. If you know your heart well, it will never be able to do that to you. Because you’ll know its dreams and wishes, and will know how to deal with them You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say. That way, you’ll never have to fear an unanticipated blow."

I thought this was beautiful.

To read the full post go here:
http://ornamental.typepad.com/ornamental/

Bon weekend, Ruth!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ruth,
I am SO happy that I was able to meet you at dear Fifi's today!!!
I wish I could have spent more time with you but hopefully soon we can meet again... you are a sweetheart and such a lovely person with a beautiful heart... thank you for sharing your thoughts - and all of your beautiful inspiration.
xo,
Kim

Debra Hall said...

Hi:) I bumped into your blog on my good friend Cheryls'(Cherylsfascinatingfinds)blog page, what a treat!! wonderful words~*~I'll be checking back! Debra

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth....It was such a joy to meet you at Fifi's yard sale! You are a super sweet lady & I wish we could have spent more time chatting. Hopefully, we'll meet again soon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Hugs...Sue in Sarasota

Elizabeth Maxson said...

It always amazes me how the right words are given to me RIGHT when I need it! I just went into a 30 minute venting/tirade to my beloved over how my office equipment, printer, fax, computer NEVER seems to work when I really need them to! Something that should take only 10 minutes is now stretching into 2 hours! Sigh. Anyway, I went into a fit about how my last two days were wasted and then went on a vent how I should just pack it up and go back to the corporate world where equipment really does work (at least it did back when I was in that world), where I could get a good paycheck, vacation pay and sick days....and so what did I do? I said to hell with it, I will stamp the damn bags myself and got out my rubber stamps, ink pads, and tried to calm down. I stamped while sitting on the floor in my office and I got up to get more ink and I saw your email on my screen and so, for some eye candy, I went to your blog and just like that...all was restored for me, the world seemed right again,and I feel so much better after reading your post - sort of like a nice drink of cool water on a hot day - just what I needed. Thank you for being there and helping me to erase my day away and encourage me to get out a fresh stick of chalk and start again. Okay, I feel better now. It's funny how some people think working in the creative world is glamorous...I will take a picture of my office and post it someday so people can see what a mess I can make :-)
Okay, back to work. Love your site, Ruth, keep up the wonderful encouraging words!
Love,
Elizabeth

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I happened here from Fifi's and now I know why... What a fantastic post. Merci!

Love that plate *the saying* ;)
~Tracie