Monday, July 5, 2010

2,000 SF Master Suite, 10,000 SF Basement, 12 Acres. Oh, And I Can Set You Up With A Car, Too...


Oh the rat race -- bumming around from soccer game to dance class...

Then it's on the grocery, the cleaners, and the bank...

And then there's the house... sure could use just a tad more room, sometimes....

You know, every now and then a gal needs to be able to 
spread out a little,
you know
have a little 
elbow room....

This this home will fit the bill?





So now that we have you all settled in, you definitely need a ride down to all the shopping in
town...

For all the amazing details click
HERE

{I first learned of the sale of this car via a great
"all things British" blog, THE ARKANSAN ANGLOPHILE}

And you must know that I'm kidding here, right?

I'll be the first to say that most of us don't "need" one wit more than we currently own
and could likely do with much less if push came to shove.

I know I've been of the mind to want to scale way back over the last couple of years --
in material "stuff" sitting around crying out to be dusted,
as well as in the overall size of the abode.

I'm ever so thankful for what I have  -- for sure.

But there are those times as I'm sitting in my home and looking around at all the
t-h-i-n-g-s... lovely, beautiful things .... and I'm thinking to myself,
"Lord, I've so enjoyed these things of beauty -- but my eyes now crave less to
take in and more refined simplicity at home."

Do any of you feel a growing urge to scale back, refine, hone down, purge the "stuff",
cull the unnecessary?

Just wondering if it's just me.

And for the record, while I'd love to visit a home like this (as I would Windsor Castle
or the Taj Mahal), I would not wish to have to keep it dusted!  :)

Now regarding that fine ride of the Queen's...
umm....
no comment.

OKAY!  Now THAT I'd take!

Guilty as charged.  :)

  

9 comments:

Unknown said...

...oh Ruth! I soooo get where you are coming from...but then again ~ moving forces you to pack it allllll up and then find a new place for it at the other side and strangely, what was oh-so-fabulous in the old space the new space screams ~ oh noooo-way!!! so yes dear Ruth, I'm purging pretties right along with you!!
purging party anyone?! teehee:)
xo, Rosemary

p.s. do ya` think it has anything at all to do with those most beautiful pages of simple elegance in the Jeanne D'Arc magazines?!!

savvycityfarmer said...

you're so funny these days ..

Rachel said...

when we lived in houston we had a house that was way too big for us & every day that I owned it I had a desire to get rid of it and downsize--in all areas, stuff included. when we moved to florida we did just that & we felt so much freedom in it. and then when we bought this new little house we downsized (stuff and all) again & it still felt even better. now we are in a place that we fit exactly into & we are all so much more at peace. from my own experience, I have found so much more freedom in having less. as a family we are really striving towards "living simply so others may simply live". we are definitely not there yet & definitely have seasons where we crave having "more"....but when we move past that, we again experience peace & freedom. Just my 2 cents :)

The Joy of Nesting said...

Jeez Ruth this is way to funny!!! But if you could afford to own this house I'm sure you wouldn't have to do your own dusting or even making your own bed!! :)

When we moved here we did a bit more then just scale back. We bought a 5ft/8ft trailer and that's what we allowed ourselves to pack all our worldly possessions in! :) We sold,gave away, and had the kids take the family heirlooms. Once here we replaced things we needed with pieces we truly love. Until we found/find what we love we substitute with a packing box!! :) We are coming up on our 4 year anniver. and yep there still are a few places where the box is the piece of furniture. But this was the absolute best thing we did!! It allowed us to leave our old lives behind to start our new life dream here!!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

My Mom always said"Love grows best in tiny houses" and I could not agree more!!! As for the queen.....like you NO COMMENT!! 0x0xo

Jeanne Oliver said...

I know that the older I get the less things I want around. Probably because I have to clean all of it...lol!!!

Alice said...

Oh yes, I'd love to scale back. My kids are growing up and leaving, and hey, we had kids just to clean didn't we? So you can see where this is going.....

Anyway, when I see photos in magazines of lovely spaces filled with frilly stuff, my first thought is 'who will dust all this?'

Honestly, though, when I try to control the clutter and purge the unnecessary stuff, I find it very difficult to let go. And therein lies the problem.

Obee Designs said...

Hey Ruth,
I think we're all alike to a certain point when it comes to that stuff. Yes, we all work hard to acquire the things we want and then when you get them you sometimes realize they aren't all they're cracked up to be. Like they say, money can't buy you happiness. I too have been feeling "saturated" lately. I really don't shop with the same enthusiasm as I used to because I feel I really don't need a darn thing. Sure that house in the Hamptons is amazing :), but the stress of keeping up with all that really doesn't feed the soul very well.
Sometimes less is more in so many ways. I think you'd agree.
I hope you are doing well, I've been thinking of you girlfriend!
Have a good day, see you soon.
XoXo
Gail

Karena said...

Ruth, excellent post and thoughts! I have scaled back considerably to a two bedroom condomiium and I love it. I still need to edit out much!

Karena
Art by Karena